Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Raven

Cusack plays Edgar Allen Poe - a drunk because of losing the love of his life and not being appreciated by the American public. He has met a young lady and fallen in love. The movie was written to explain what happened to Poe at the end of his life. Why he was found half dead. A serial killer has been imitating Poe's stories with real people. After Poe's new love is captured by the killer to force Poe to play his game, Poe and the head police detective work to rescue her. I like Cusack but his performance looked forced. I like Detective Fields played by Luke Evans (from Wales, but no accent in the movie). I thought he did a great job in Immortals and Clash of the Titans - he's going to be in the Hobbit series too as Bard. He did a really good job. There was just something lacking and I keep going back to Cusack - I just don't think he was he best for the part. All in all, I say: although plot was unique SKIP IT

No comments:

Post a Comment