Friday, December 28, 2012

Les Miserables (2012)

IMDb writes, "In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean, who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after he breaks parole, agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's daughter, Cosette. The fateful decision changes their lives forever." It was exactly how I remembered the play being when I saw it at the Fox. The movie allows for all the places to come to life. Each actor can really be heard whereas in the theatre I had a difficult time hearing and understanding some of the singers. My two favorite pieces were sung by the two youngest members of the cast - for the movie they both did a wonderful job. Jackman (X-Men) is Valjean. Crowe (Gladiator) is Javert. Seyfried (Big Love) is Cosette - older. She did the second best job singing. The number one spot is for Hathaway (One Day) as Fantine. It is long - in the theatre you get an intermission - you do not here. All in all, I say: SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment