Sunday, December 9, 2012

Life of Pi

Based on the novel by Yann Martel (I was never able to get past chapter one) this movie in 3 & 2 D was directed by Ang Lee (Sense & Sensibility and Brokeback Mountain). This movie is a visual marval!! The colors and digital work is unbelievable. IMDb writes, "A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor ... a fearsome Bengal tiger." If you are a Christian, Hindu, or Muslim this movie is about how God helped a young man survive. The tiger is symbolic of something else... I don't want to add more details because I think you will understand when you see the movie. For me, who is not religious, the tiger represents someone in my life that has taught me things I can use to live my life. Life being represented by the vast ocean. The tiger's name explains to my family whom I mean. All in all, I say: SEE IT in 3D now! Also, take some tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment