Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Great Gatsby (2013)

I was super excited to see Baz Luhrmann's rendition of this book by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I loved Strictly Ballroom and Romeo & Juliet. Visually and musically it was amazing. The clothing, the color, the new age songs - fantastic. I did not like Tobey Maguire (Spider- Man) as Nick Carraway. Although I though Carey Mulligan (An Education) did a good job, I did not like how Daisy was portrayed - I hated her in the book for being an "air-head". I thought Leonardo DiCaprio (Inception) did a good job, I did not like how he was portrayed - he seemed weaker in the movie than in the book. It has been awhile since I read the book, so I could be wrong. Tom Buchanan was played by Joel Edgerton (from Australian - Zero Dark Thirty) - he was perfect, I like how he was portrayed. Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty also from Australia) was good as was Isla Fisher (from Oman - Rango). Random trivia: Joel was in Warrior with Tom Hardy and Jason was in Lawless with Tom Hardy. All in all, I say: SKIP IT




No comments:

Post a Comment