Sunday, August 4, 2013

Boondock Saints

In 1999 at the art film house of Tara Cinemas I sat - just me and two senior citizens. I had no idea why no one wanted to see this and no idea why it wasn't out long. It didn't take long once it was out on video though before people realized they had missed out and it became a cult classic. It had a plot like no other before it, it had direction and editing like no other before it. Everything was right with the world when this was made. I have seen it about 100 times and I love, love, love it. Twins (Flanery from Dexter and Reedus from Walking Dead) want to rid their city of Boston of the evil crime lords - they sort of fumble along which is so funny. There is a scene about rope that will have you laughing so hard you will cry. DaFoe (Platoon) is a police officer trying to figure out their crimes - his character is just...it will leave you in no doubt of his talent.  Connolly (Brave) shows up at the end, but I can't tell you who he is or why he shows up because I want that to be a surprise. All in all, I say: if you have similar tastes to me then go BUY IT - and SEE IT - now.



No comments:

Post a Comment