Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dune

The plot is beyond complicated - the background history of the story is beyond complicated. I had to watch this several times to catch everything. I imagine if you have read the books it makes more sense. You gain a better understanding of the culture, language, and roles everyone plays. IMDb writes, "A Duke's son leads desert warriors against the galactic emperor and his father's evil nemesis when they assassinate his father and free their desert world from the emperor's rule." MacLachlan (Twin Peaks), Madsen (The Number 23), Stewart (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and Sting are some of the most notable by mainstream Americans, but this film is a veritable who's who of British and American film. It has inspired countless other films and film plots. All in all, I say: SEE IT - I haven't read the books and I love sci-fi, so keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment