Saturday, August 3, 2013

Spaceballs

A parody of space films back when parodies were good like Airplane. This one is a Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles) film from the 80s. It is my #1 favorite comedy! Brooks (The Producers) plays a President who wants air because there is so little of it, so he has Dark Helmet (played by Moranis from Honey I Shrunk the Kids) kidnap a Druish princess (played by Zuniga from The Fly II) forcing her father (played by Patton from Eight is Enough) to give over the air from his planet. Lone Starr (played by Pullman from Independence Day) saves her and they fall in love. If you love sci-fi films you will have a fun time trying to name all the films this one makes fun of. Candy (Trains, Planes, and Automobiles) does an amazing job as a Mog - half man, half dog - "I'm my own best friend." It's like this and the amazing actors that make me love it so - so much I quote it often. All in all, I say: SEE IT & let me add I can't believe you haven't already. May the Schwartz be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment