Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bourne Trilogy

I first saw this when it was released as a tv mini-series in 1988.  Smith (Charlie's Angels) is a French woman he meets and falls in love with. Chamberlain (Brothers & Sisters) is the spy. It lacks in action and does not lack in a complicated plot. I was young, so it's possible I just didn't get it.
IMDb writes, "A 1988 television adaptation of Robert Ludlum's thriller. An injured, unconscious man (Richard Chamberlain) washes ashore in a small French town. As he recovers, it becomes quite clear, someone is trying to kill him. Jaclyn Smith co-stars." All in all, I say: SKIP IT
In this movie remake there is tons of action - good action - rewind and watch again action. I don't know about anyone else, but I was shocked to see Damon (Good Will Hunting) is such an action film and super impressed. Potente (Run Lola Run) is the love interest.
So, the CIA is still looking to Bourne - he thought he and his love were hiding. They are found and he has to go on the offensive to survive.  Allen (Face/Off) joins the cast; she uncovers some of the CIAs cover-ups. Urban (Almost Human) is an assassin. Stiles (10 Things I Hate About You) is back and trying to help Bourne this time.

Damon's last before he gave it over to the new guy. This time he is looking for his origins. More and more the program is revealed to the viewer. All in all, I say: SEE ALL OF THEM in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment