Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Imaginary Friends in Movies

I never had an imaginary friend, but I love the stories about them. They do so much for children and in some cases adults. I can't write about too many movies that have imaginary friends because it would be a spoiler alert and many of them. I want to highlight some of my favorites. My all-time...Harvey. Harvey is an imaginary rabbit who is taller than the man who imagines him - Jimmy Stewart (It's a Wonderful Life).
All in all, I say: RENT IT. He does an amazing job, and for the 1950s they filming is perfect.
In 1996, the next film was released. Goldberg (Jumpin' Jack Flash), Depardieu (Life of Pie), and Osment (The Sixth Sense) starred in this film. A young boy's mother dies and he has to go live with his godmother. Goldberg was an orphan who lived with the same foster family as Osment's mother. Bogus played by Depardieu helps the two connect. All in all, I say: RENT IT
Then, there was the next film.
Cates' (Gremlins) long gone imaginary friend returns to turn her life up side down as an adult. Mason (Nick of Time) plays her mother. It gets a little frustrating in the middle with all the chaos, but you begin to realize why toward the end. All in all, I say: RENT IT

Lastly, I like the imaginary rabbit, Frank, in Donnie Darko. Who helps the main character played by Gyllenhall (Source Code) discover the end of the world is coming. This film is much darker and creepier than the other three. It is a cult classic, so if you don't like that kind of stuff stay clear; otherwise, All in all, I say: RENT IT

No comments:

Post a Comment