Sunday, August 24, 2014

If I Stay

If you think you know the plot well from the previews you are only partially right. It's the basics, but this movie has such depths. I was on the edge of my seat - keep in mind I hadn't read the book. The flashbacks were amazing - everything happened exactly when it should have. You really get attached to all the characters. Moretz (The Fifth Wave) really shows her ability in this. She is an amazing actress and still so young. Enos (The Killing) does a great job as the fun loving easy going mom. Leonard (The Blair Witch Project) is the perfect former rock star dad. But what really blew me away was a scene between Moretz and Keach (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For) who plays her grandfather. You will start crying then and not stop util the end. Hell, there were still people crying in the bathroom and in the movie theatre lobby when I left. All in all, I say: SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment