Thursday, June 18, 2015

Joss Whedon The Biography

This was written by Amy Pascale and Nathan Fillion. This was a long and dry biography. There is a lot of factual information which means it gets dry and sometimes takes a turn that doesn't have anything to do with Whedon. A lot of it seemed useless. The quotes from others, the letters from Whedon, and some of the fan comments are good. It was a really long and boring timeline. It felt impersonal. I read a biography about a historical figure I was never interested in knowing more about - the book was twice as long as this & it was written in a way that drew in the readers. This is lacking in storytelling - even a biography has to have a point and this really didn't seem like it it. I think a biography written by fans would have been better - his fans are smart. It was a struggle to get through. I learned some, but not as much as I would have liked. All in all, I say: SKIP IT

No comments:

Post a Comment