Saturday, January 16, 2016

Backcountry

Filmed in Canada this film claims to be based on a true story. I would disagree - there are way too many differences. Canadian actress Peregrym (Teen Wolf) must have been fresh from her split to Zachary Levi when she filmed this. Her acting seemed all over the place in my opinion - not that she was good before this - you get my drift. Balfour and Campbell (both from Haven) appear - makes sense being that they are both in Canada, so it must have been an easy gig for them. A couple go off the path in a national forest while bears are active - will they survive - all the action happens in the last 15 minutes I would say. You wait for it the whole time and then the effects are ok considering The Revenant now has the best bear scene. All in all, I say: SKIP IT - it did creep me out a bit, but I think a better male & female lead would have made it worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment