Sunday, February 26, 2017

Twisted History

If you are a history buff this is a fun book to read - short, concise, but great details. I read about the people, events, and cases I was unfamiliar with and learned a great deal in one chapter without having to read a long, boring book on the topic. I'm going to take it to school and put it on my shelf for the students. Amazon writes, "Pirates, mobsters, outlaws, sinners, saints, murderers, and martyrs come vividly and violently to life in this collection of 32 true tales from the darker side of history. Witness the brutal assassination of Julius Ceasar in the Roman senate house and watch as Bernie Madoff concocts the greatest scheme in financial history from the heart of Wall Street. Terrorize the high seas with the dread pirate Blackbeard and cower in a fog-bound Victorian London haunted by Jack the Ripper". All in all, I say: READ IT

No comments:

Post a Comment