Sunday, October 1, 2017

American Assassin

The writing team of Edward Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (The Last Samurai) adapted this with a couple others from a novel. I'm betting the book makes a bit more sense than the edited film that was presented. I do think another director would have been better - all the scenes seemed chaotic and some of the camera work felt sloppy to me. My first big question with this movie was, however, who did Taylor Kitsch (Battleship) piss off to not be the lead in this - being the ghost was ok, but it felt backwards & wrong. Dylan O'Brien didn't do the last season of Teen Wolf I guess for this film. He got started in Maze Runner series, but I think he would have been better as the ghost. Michael Keaton (Beetlejuice) does a decent job. The star of the show for me was Scott Adkins the martial artist from England who was also in Doctor Strange. Some of his classic moves show up in the movie - not sure if coincidence or if he helped with some of the fight choreography. All in all, I say: WATCH IT on tv when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment