Sunday, October 1, 2017

Star Trek Discovery

Ok this is going to be heated within the Trekkie community I think. I have seen all Star Trek - prefer Next Generation to all the series and prefer JJ Abrams films to all films. I am also a Star Wars fan - prefer Return of the Jedi among the original 3 and like the newest movies the best. I'm putting that out there so you get where I'm coming from.

Likes: Females - yes a female who is not a captain as a lead character, Sonequa Martin-Green (TWD). Introducing the series with martial artist Michelle Yeoh from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Timeline can't be confused with other series and films - time when Klingon were enemies. Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter) as a captain. The visual effects - state of the art. The Klingon language used throughout - awesome. The uniforms, the emotions, and most of the writing.

Dislikes: How the Klingons look - I felt like it was all too much. The relationship between Yeoh's character and Martin-Green's character felt way too close like intimate. The main characters name is Michael - so is Green's character male, female, or trans-gendered, or is it a statement that gender doesn't matter. She's sentenced to prison - WTF - she was right!!!!!! I've only seen the first 2 episodes, but the cast didn't feel like it was meshing well if that makes sense. Maybe cast chemistry will get better.

All in all, I say: SEE IT - I'm watching on CBS All Access App

2 comments:

  1. Loved the first season, and don’t care about the continuity issues most Trekkies are complaining about - except for the Klingons. Don’t mess with Klingons! Besides, I think many of those issues will be resolved in Season 2.

    Hate the JJ-verse, BTW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can’t wait for season 2 - feel like they are taking too much time to release it though

      Delete