Saturday, August 11, 2018

Howard's End

In 1992, Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins were together again after Remains of the Day. This movie is based on the book by EM Forester. It's three orphaned siblings who have some money and love being apart of the young, hip crowd. When the oldest meets a widower things start to change with both their families. Some old secrets and some new desires. It a soap opera. I found it confusing when I first say it and decided not to read the book. All in all, I say: SKIP IT
STARZ re-made Howard's End in a series, so it is so much more detailed and the characters are more flushed out. The events make more sense as does the ending. At least compared to the movie from the 90s. I still don't really like the plot, but this one was easier to follow than the other. All in all, I say: SKIP IT

No comments:

Post a Comment