Saturday, April 18, 2020

Richard Jewell

This Clint Eastwood (Midnight in Garden of Good and Evil) film sparked controversy here in Atlanta. It is based on the true story of Richard Jewell - a security guard during the Atlanta Olympic Games who discovered the bomb. It lays out a (probably biased) look at how the FBI and the AJC railroaded this man who ended up not being guilty. They wasted a lot of time focusing on him and smearing him in the press. I can see both sides of the controversy. You have to admit though Eastwood makes a good film. It was a solid script. Sam Rockwell (Moon) is always amazing. I love him - he does what I would call a city accent. Kathy Bates (Misery) did a good job - accent more Alabama though. The star though - Paul Walter Hauser (Late Night) was award winning amazing in my opinion. He had the mannerisms and the accent down - perfect. I saw this through a Red Box rental. All in all, I say: SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment