Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Traitor's Game

Another book that is trying to be more than it is. It's trying to be a futuristic fantasy novel. Nope - it just should have been a fantasy novel set in medieval times. Not a future world with occasional magic and everyone still living like in medieval times. I mean....what?! If you took out the oddly placed future animal/technology paragraphs and added a sex scene it was an adult erotic novel. I know it's Teen so there has to be some romance - it's just ridiculous. And just when you think you've gotten to the climax of the book - that everything will be resolved....it's not. It takes the entire book to get the secrets out and the main character is like I knew the entire time. And I'm like if you knew why didn't you tell us and saved me time having to read this. All in all, I say: SKIP IT

No comments:

Post a Comment