Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Girl With Dragon Tattoo

Daniel Craig plays Mikael, Christopher Plummer is Henrik, Stellan Skarsgard (father to True Blood actor that plays Eric) is Martin, Steven Berkoff (Victor from Beverly Hills Cop) is the lawyer, Robin Wright is Erika, Joely Richardson play Anita, Goran Visnjuc (from ER) plays Armansky, a guy from Games of Thrones is in it, Julian Sands plays the younger Henrik, 2 actors from The Killing (tv show) appear - one as editor of Mikael's magazine and one as a detective. It was 1000 times better than the superfluous novels, 100 times better than the Swedish movie. It still takes place in Sweden, but the actors speak English. I don't mind subtitles but with a plot this complicated I think it helps to not have to read. The film includes Mikael's sister (Embeth Davidtz) and daughter as opposed to the Swedish film.  I will admit I took a really long bathroom, water break during the rape scene - so I skipped that. I hope Fincher wants to make the others too because I think he did a good job editing. All in all, I say: SEE IT - take a sweater - it's winter, but in the movie it is also winter and it makes you colder.

No comments:

Post a Comment