Sunday, January 26, 2014

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Year three at Hogwarts. Also, my all time favorite in the series which is kind of surprising because of what happens. I think I read it like three times. Sirius Black is the prisoner and he has a secret.
Oldman (UK - The Dark Knight) is Black and he is perfect for the part. Thewlis (UK - War Horse) is Lupin. Irish actor Gambon (Gosford Park) played Dumbledore from this point on. First mistake, the director was Cuaron (Gravity). Second mistake, the screenplay. This movie was a disgrace - I hate it even to this day. Hate is a strong word - I loath - is that stronger? This film was nothing like the book. I'd like to pretend it never happened. All in all, I say: READ IT and then pretend they never made a movie about it - trust me.





No comments:

Post a Comment