Friday, June 24, 2016

The Last of the Mohicans

Cooper's writing is long winded and often times confusing. I struggled with this book - I read it in middle school, but still - my goodness man get to a point. The emotion was hard to get at because of the complications I had trying to figure out who was who and what the hell was everyone doing.  I can't believe I'm going to write this but...All in all, I say: SKIP IT and watch the movie.

This is from the book:
"The pale faces are masters of the earth, and the time of the red-men has not yet come again. My day has been too long. In the morning I saw the sons of Unamis happy and strong; and yet, before the night has come, have I lived to see the last warrior of the wise race of the Mohicans."
Mann (Heat) directs this film adaptation of the novel. It so helps to have the visuals and not need to read about them in detail. It is beautifully shot - Lewis (Lincoln), Stowe (Stakeout), and Studi (Penny Dreadful) do an amazing job. Not surprisingly, the whites in this film got more acclaim than the Native Americans. The ending is heart breaking - the emotions gets your heart racing - the action will have you on the edge of your seat. You may swoon. All in all, I say: SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment