Saturday, January 7, 2017

Starship Blackbeard

The first book in the series was free on Kindle in hopes of getting the reader hooked to buy the rest I guess. I got 50% of the way through before I didn't care anymore. It's basically an like an old movie about pirate on the sea in the 1700s only it's the future and they are in a space ship. Rarely did it feel that way. I got bored - it didn't seem anything different from say Black Sails only it was in space and boring. Amazon writes, "In the aftermath of an interstellar war with an alien race, Captain James Drake is unjustly court martialed. But Drake won't go down without a fight. Rather than surrender, he'll lead his loyal crew into the frontier worlds to repair and rearm. Fighting the treacherous Lord Admiral Malthorne, Drake makes alliances with aliens and smugglers to clear his name and defeat treason in his beloved homeland.". All in all, I say: SKIP IT

No comments:

Post a Comment