Sunday, March 12, 2017

Tears of the Sun

An Antoine Fuqua (Equalizer 2) film that had me cursing because a few years before this came out I had started writing a screenplay that was eerily similar to this plot. Bruce Willis (Death Wish), Cole Hauser (A Good Day to Die Hard), Eamonn Walker (Unbreakable), Johnny Messner (Equalizer), Nick Chinlund (Training Day), and Charles Ingram (Training Day) are an extraction team - elite team who go into Nigeria during a civil war to extract an American by marriage Monica Bellucci (Twin Peaks) who is a doctor. She won't leave without her friends and the guys end up not wanting to let the genocide take place in front of them. It is heart breaking, but an accurate depiction of some of the murders that have taken place on the continent of Africa. I cry every time I see it. It is well written, directed, and filmed. All in all, I say: SEE ON

No comments:

Post a Comment