Monday, February 24, 2014

Love Affair

IMDb writes, "French playboy Michel Marnet and American Terry McKay fall in love aboard ship. They arrange to reunite 6 months later, after Michel has had a chance to earn a decent living." They want him to prove he can support himself. Something happens on the way to meeting each other. Will they be able to find each other. This one was filmed in the 30s and I could have sworn it was in black and white. All in all, I say: SKIP IT
In 1957, this remake became a classic. Grant (Bringing Up Baby) was charming, funny, and sexy. Kerr (The King and I) was perfect as the music teacher. They had chemistry and spoke volumes with their facial expressions. Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories. A line from the movie - you're heart is breaking wondering if they get together. All in all, I say: SEE IT
Beatty (Reds) directed and acted in this as the playboy. Bening (The Siege) was gorgeous. They writing was even more witty than An Affair to Remember - and I didn't think that would be possible. It was really well done, but not as good as Grant's. All in all, I say: SEE IT - but last

No comments:

Post a Comment